Speaker: Rabbi Nasan Maimon. “Shovavim” is an acronym that refers to the weeks of parshios Shemos through Mishpatim (during a leap year through Tetzaveh).
1) Slichos (found at the back of some siddurim) once a week before Shacharis (Breslov Meah Shaarim – Thursday mornings, but not on Rosh Chodesh).
2) Some people fast once a week, for a day or half a day.
3) Some people refrain from eating animal products once a week (meat fish, eggs, dairy).
4) Special care to say Tikkun HaKlali every day.
5) Renewed attention to mikveh and all mitzvos of Tikkun HaBris.